Make your mother's day special with a lovingly baked raspberry and rose Bundt cake. This recipe from Local Food Surrey member and How to Cook Good Food's Laura Scott even won her a #bestofpinterest award!
plain flour sifted
baking powder sifted
icing sugar sifted
pink food colouring
raspberries to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Butter the Bundt tin generously.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a food mixer until pale and creamy and then add in the eggs, one at a time. Continue to beat well, adding in the rose water along with the last egg.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder followed by the buttermilk and salt, and then fold in the raspberries.
- Tip the cake mix into the baking tin and bake for 50 minutes (approx) until the cake is cooked through. Test it by placing a skewer into the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- For the glace icing:
Measure the sifted icing sugar into a bowl and add in the water, spoon by spoon, to form a thick but loose paste that can be drizzled with a spoon.
- Add a little pink food colouring and mix in thoroughly.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled cake and decorate with freeze dried raspberry pieces.