More than 5,000 food and drink products from every corner of the globe featured on this year’s list of Great Taste one-, two- and three-star award-winners, which was announced this September.
Following 86 socially-distanced and blind-tasted judging days in London and Dorset, Great Taste, claims to have unearthed the very finest food and drink from every nook and cranny of the world.
Regardless of branding or packaging, each product is judged according to its texture, appearance, composition and, of course, taste.
Every Great Taste award-winning product will now be able to display the unmistakable black and gold logo when stocked on the shelves of delis, farm shops and independent retailers across the UK and beyond.
Established in 1994, Great Taste is organised by the Guild of Fine Food and is the world’s largest, longest standing and most respected food accreditation scheme for artisan and speciality food producers.
The Local Food Britain team would like to wish every award-winner a massive congratulations – we can’t wait to try as many of your delicious products as possible!
Local Food Britain members achieving Great Taste Awards 2021 stars
- Edgcumbes Tea & Coffee Co for their 'Rwanda - Kinini KCRS Women's Cooperative' coffee beans.
- Edgcumbes Tea & Coffee Co for their 'Sussex Barn' espresso coffee beans
- Edgcumbes Tea & Coffee Co for their 'Riverside' espresso coffee beans
- Crumbs Brewing for their Bloomin' Amber Lager
- Crumbs Brewing for their Rye Ruby Ale
- Jam Packed Preserves for their Spicy Mango Chutney
- Edgcumbes Tea & Coffee Co for their 'L.A. Blend' espresso coffee beans
- Edgcumbes Tea & Coffee Co for their 'Decaf Side of the EDGE' espresso coffee beans
- Charlie's Trout for their Charlie's Cold Oak Smoked Trout
- Sussex Gourmand’s Sussex Beef Bresaola
About those stars
4,027 awarded a Great Taste one-star
A food that delivers fantastic flavour. Approximately 30% of entries will achieve this rating each year.
1,138 awarded a Great Taste two-star
Above and beyond delicious – less than 10% of entries will achieve this rating.
218 awarded a Great Taste three-star
Extraordinarily tasty foods – less than 2% of products are awarded a 3-star each year – don’t leave the shop without buying it!
Great Taste Awards