all counties

Select a county to find local food


Ash is a parish situated close to Guildford in Surrey, near the Hog’s Back.  

Sitting on the eastern bank of the River Blackwater (which forms the Hampshire boundary), it is very well connected by rail and has three stations (Ash, Ash Vale and North Camp) with regular services to Aldershot, Guildford, Reading and London Waterloo as well as Guildford and Gatwick.  Ash has a population of nearly 18000 people and is the most heavily populated of the rural parishes within the Borough of Guildford. The parish has a museum, library, sports centre and large secondary school. On the eastern side of Ash are many square miles of open healthland – though watch out on Ash Common, as this is an area often used by the army for training purposes – of course, the areas are closed off during these times. The recently restored Basingstoke Canal (1794) meanders through the parish on its way from Basingstoke to join the River Wey Navigation near Byfleet, to link with the inland water network.